As previously announced, Information Services has implemented a new system for managing your College password in collaboration with Haverford College.
Visit password.brynmawr.edu to set up new security questions. Even if you were enrolled in our previous system, you need to set up new questions as this is an entirely new system. When you set up your questions for the first time, there is no button to save or submit. You will see a line of grey text that indicates your questions have been saved; you may then close your browser window.
You do not need to change your password at this time. As you are accustomed, your password will expire six months after the last time you changed it. If your password expires before you have set up your new security questions, you will need to call or visit the Help Desk to change your password.
This change is a part of the SEADS initiative, and offers the following benefits to Bi-Co community members:
- Log into accounts at both campuses using the same username and password
- Log into lab computers on both campuses with your home credentials
- Request a password change from either College’s Help Desk
- Friendlier mobile interface
You will also receive additional email communications from the password system:
- If a new account has been created for you (most common for applicants if we have an external email address on file)
- If the Help Desk re-sets your password for you
- If your account is scheduled to be disabled
- When your password will expire soon
Some communications will come from email@example.com and be signed by both Colleges. To view the text of these emails: Bryn Mawr College Password Management Emails (PDF)
Please note that Haverford College and Bryn Mawr College share some systems including Account Management, and you will find yourself at a haverford.edu web page where both Bryn Mawr and Haverford accounts are managed. If you have any questions about the authenticity of these emails, please contact the Help Desk.
Updated documentation is available on the Technology Documentation Site: http://techbar.blogs.brynmawr.edu/?p=328
Questions? Please contact the Help Desk (610-526-7440, firstname.lastname@example.org).