What’s New in Panopto
- Discussion Notifications. By default, you will now receive a daily digest email of comments and replies to video discussions they are participating in. Change your discussion notification preferences by clicking the link in that email or logging into Zoom and updating your user settings.
- Audio Descriptions. Panopto has increased accessibility with support for audio description. Creators can now add timestamped audio descriptions to recordings in the Panopto editor. If viewers turn audio description on, playback is paused and descriptions read aloud using text-to-speech at the appropriate points. See How to add Audio Descriptions to Panopto Videos.
- Reusing/Copying Videos. Creators now have two choices when copying videos: Create full copy (use if you’re going to EDIT the copy) and Create reference copy (use if just reusing, e.g., to copy from old course into new). More about reference copies. Video: How to Copy and Move Videos.
- Opt Out of Zoom Recording Imports. By default, Zoom meetings scheduled in Moodle and recorded to the cloud are also imported to the course’s Panopto folder. Teachers can now turn these Meeting Imports off on the Panopto course folder’s Settings
What’s New in Zoom
Note: Some features are require later versions of the Zoom app/desktop client. If you aren’t seeing a feature below, upgrade your Zoom app to the latest version. Some features may not be supported in iOS and Android apps.
For all participants
- Hide Self View. Use this in-meeting feature to hide your own video from yourself after you turn it on to help prevent Zoom fatigue.
- Stop Incoming Video. Use this in-meeting feature to block other people’s video if you’re having bandwidth issues or to reduce Zoom fatigue.
- Set a custom gallery view. All participants can now reorganize video participants in the Gallery view and save the order for future instances of a recurring meeting. Hosts can create a customized view for participants.
- Other tips for avoiding Zoom fatigue.
- Focus mode. Designed for online learning, hosts/co-hosts can turn focus mode on during a meeting to hide non-host/co-hosts participants videos and/or shared screens from other non-host/cohost participants. Hosts can make this the default by checking Enable focus mode when meeting starts under Advanced Options in the meeting settings when setting up the meeting.
- Advanced Polling and Quizzing. Hosts can turn this on in meeting setting to add new question formats (e.g., short answer) and/or turn polls into quizzes by designating a correct answer for questions. (Note: Participants using older Zoom apps may need to exit the meeting, update their Zoom apps, and rejoin to answer advanced polls and quizzes.)
- Broadcast message or screen to all breakout rooms. Hosts/cohosts in the main meeting room can now broadcast messages to and share their screen in all breakout rooms. See Managing Breakout Rooms for updated information.
- Two-way chat with participants in waiting room. Hosts/co-hosts can now message participants in the waiting room individually and receive replies. See How to Use Waiting Room for updated information.
If you have any questions about or issues with these or other features in Panopto or Zoom, please contact the Help Desk (email@example.com or 610-526-7440).