UPDATE 3/17 at 2pm: Mac printing for College-owned computers has been partially restored! Please follow the instructions below to install the Canon-Secure or CanonColor-Secure printing queue(s).
- Uninstall your existing Canon printers
- Install the Canon-Secure or CanonColor-Secure from Software Center using instructions available at Ask Athena
To retrieve your printed items, you will need to:
- Grab your OneCard
- Go you your preferred Canon Printer
- Tap your OneCard on the printer
- Select and release the documents you’d like to print
Please note that this is the interim solution. LITS is still working to get printing working for personal computers and fully functional for College-owned computers.
As LITS continues to implement fixes in the coming business days, users with College-owned computers will begin to see (and can add) their specific printers in Software Center.
As always, the Help Desk (email@example.com or 610-526-7440) is ready to help if you have any questions!
UPDATE 3/17 at 8:45am: Printing on Mac is not working properly. LITS is actively partnering with our vendors to find a solution as quickly as possible. Alternative solutions for Mac users are:
- adding and printing to a non-Canon printer in your area
- printing from the Windows computers in Canaday and Carpenter labs
- borrowing a Windows laptop from the Help Desk
Printing on Windows is fully functional. If you are still experiencing issues, please try:
- uninstalling your previous printer queues
- for College-owned computers, reinstalling the queues via the print directory (steps 5-6 of the printing documentation)
- for personal computers, reinstalling manually
- reaching out to the Help Desk via 610-526-7440 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
UPDATE 3/16 at 2:40pm: LITS is actively working to resolve printer queue installation issues on macOS. Please give the Help Desk a call at 610-526-7440 to be walked through the temporary work around. Thank you!
Community members who are experiencing issues connecting to College printers will need to delete and reinstall their printer queues.
Please see our printing documentation for steps to reinstall the queues. The Help Desk is available via email@example.com or 610-526-7440 for assistance with the install.
We apologize for the inconvenience!