Update, 2:25pm: This issue has been resolved and community members should again be able to print to Canon printers from College-owned Macs. Printing from personal Macs is still unavailable.
Thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue. Contact the Help Desk with any questions or to report any lingering issues: firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-526-7440.
Several community members have reported problems printing to Canon printers from Macs across campus. LITS is investigating the issue and will provide additional information as we have it.
Contact the Help Desk with questions: email@example.com or 610-526-7440.
The library’s InterLibrary Loan system may be intermittently unavailable on Monday, January 10, between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
LITS will be performing necessary maintenance during this time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Please be aware of a recent attempt to gather login, password, and other secure personal or College data from Bryn Mawr College community members.
Be on the lookout for messages that appear to be a password expiration notice from your Microsoft account. This is a scam.
Do not click links or respond in any way. Delete the message or report it as Phishing in Outlook. If you believe you’ve given your information to a phisher, immediately change your password and contact the Help Desk.
Email scams come in many forms. While we work to keep you informed, attacks are increasingly diverse and sophisticated. It’s not possible for us to warn you of every message before you see it. Be cautious and suspicious. If you ever have a question or suspicion, don’t hesitate to contact the Help Desk.
Contact the Help Desk with questions: email@example.com, 610-526-7440, or lits.brynmawr.edu.
As you may have noticed, the E-ZBorrow interlibrary loan system has switched to new software. While we believe that this software will improve service in the long run, there are some important steps to follow to avoid delays:
- When searching for a book, if you get more than one correct hit, please click on the title of the book to see how many libraries within E-ZBorrow own that book, and pick the result that is owned by the most libraries.
- Results which say “Located: Multiple Libraries” are better choices than those that have a single university name next to “Located.”
- Choosing results owned by multiple libraries allows the system to automatically move on to other libraries if the first library queried does not have the book, which reduces response time and the need to resubmit requests.
- Once you have chosen a result and clicked the “Request” button, you will be asked to “Select Home Institution” from a drop down list: be sure to choose Bryn Mawr.
- Your “barcode” is the number below the actual barcode in the lower-right hand corner of your OneCard. Your barcode begins with 2179600; be sure to enter all 14 digits.
- Do not use the number immediately below your picture; this is your college ID number.
Eventually, we expect that only one hit for each item will appear regardless of how many libraries own it, and that you will be able to use your Bryn Mawr username and password to log into the system. We appreciate your patience while these enhancements are developed, and apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.