In order to troubleshoot an issue with printing from Macs to Canon printers, LITS will need to restart the our Canon print servers at 1pm. During this time, there will be a very interruption to printing to Canons. The outage will last less than 10 minutes.
Thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot this issue.
Please contact the Help Desk with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-526-7440.
Update, 2:25pm: This issue has been resolved and community members should again be able to print to Canon printers from College-owned Macs. Printing from personal Macs is still unavailable.
Thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue. Contact the Help Desk with any questions or to report any lingering issues: email@example.com or 610-526-7440.
Several community members have reported problems printing to Canon printers from Macs across campus. LITS is investigating the issue and will provide additional information as we have it.
Contact the Help Desk with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-526-7440.
What’s New in Panopto
What’s New in Zoom
Note: Some features are require later versions of the Zoom app/desktop client. If you aren’t seeing a feature below, upgrade your Zoom app to the latest version. Some features may not be supported in iOS and Android apps.
For all participants
- Hide Self View. Use this in-meeting feature to hide your own video from yourself after you turn it on to help prevent Zoom fatigue.
- Stop Incoming Video. Use this in-meeting feature to block other people’s video if you’re having bandwidth issues or to reduce Zoom fatigue.
- Set a custom gallery view. All participants can now reorganize video participants in the Gallery view and save the order for future instances of a recurring meeting. Hosts can create a customized view for participants.
- Other tips for avoiding Zoom fatigue.
- Focus mode. Designed for online learning, hosts/co-hosts can turn focus mode on during a meeting to hide non-host/co-hosts participants videos and/or shared screens from other non-host/cohost participants. Hosts can make this the default by checking Enable focus mode when meeting starts under Advanced Options in the meeting settings when setting up the meeting.
- Advanced Polling and Quizzing. Hosts can turn this on in meeting setting to add new question formats (e.g., short answer) and/or turn polls into quizzes by designating a correct answer for questions. (Note: Participants using older Zoom apps may need to exit the meeting, update their Zoom apps, and rejoin to answer advanced polls and quizzes.)
- Broadcast message or screen to all breakout rooms. Hosts/cohosts in the main meeting room can now broadcast messages to and share their screen in all breakout rooms. See Managing Breakout Rooms for updated information.
- Two-way chat with participants in waiting room. Hosts/co-hosts can now message participants in the waiting room individually and receive replies. See How to Use Waiting Room for updated information.
If you have any questions about or issues with these or other features in Panopto or Zoom, please contact the Help Desk (email@example.com or 610-526-7440).
Financial Edge will be unavailable today, January 13 from 2:30pm until 4:30pm. LITS will be performing necessary year-end maintenance for the system during this time.
Please log out of Financial Edge on January 13th before 2:30 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-526-7440.
This evening, LITS will be performing a necessary WordPress upgrade between 6pm and 7pm. During that time, community members may experience a brief service interruption.
Please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 610.526.7440 with any questions or concerns or to report any lingering issues.
Panopto has announced a scheduled downtime from 9:00 pm ET Saturday, January 8, until 1 am ET Sunday, January 9, 2022.
- While Panopto is offline, you will NOT be able to record/upload to Panopto or manage and view recordings on Panopto.
- If you need to record during the outage, use the Panopto Mac or PC desktop app and choose Continue Offline instead of logging in to record to your computer’s hard drive, then upload the recording to Panopto once service is restored. (See How to Record with Authenticating for details.)
- If you need to view during the outage and the recording owner allows downloads, download a copy of the recording BEFORE the service outage begins so you can play recordings locally, rather than streaming them.
During this outage, Panopto will be releasing a major update that includes new features. For a demo of these features, register for Panopto’s New Features webinar on Wed, January 26 at 11:00 am-12:00 pm EST (free if you use your brynmawr.edu address). LITS will also providing info on new features of interest to our community. Full January 2022 release notes are here.
Please contact the Bryn Mawr College Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-526-7440) if you have any questions or concerns.
The library’s InterLibrary Loan system may be intermittently unavailable on Monday, January 10, between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
LITS will be performing necessary maintenance during this time.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Please be aware of a recent attempt to gather login, password, and other secure personal or College data from Bryn Mawr College community members.
Be on the lookout for messages that appear to be a password expiration notice from your Microsoft account. This is a scam.
Do not click links or respond in any way. Delete the message or report it as Phishing in Outlook. If you believe you’ve given your information to a phisher, immediately change your password and contact the Help Desk.
Email scams come in many forms. While we work to keep you informed, attacks are increasingly diverse and sophisticated. It’s not possible for us to warn you of every message before you see it. Be cautious and suspicious. If you ever have a question or suspicion, don’t hesitate to contact the Help Desk.
Contact the Help Desk with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-526-7440, or lits.brynmawr.edu.
As you may have noticed, the E-ZBorrow interlibrary loan system has switched to new software. While we believe that this software will improve service in the long run, there are some important steps to follow to avoid delays:
- When searching for a book, if you get more than one correct hit, please click on the title of the book to see how many libraries within E-ZBorrow own that book, and pick the result that is owned by the most libraries.
- Results which say “Located: Multiple Libraries” are better choices than those that have a single university name next to “Located.”
- Choosing results owned by multiple libraries allows the system to automatically move on to other libraries if the first library queried does not have the book, which reduces response time and the need to resubmit requests.
- Once you have chosen a result and clicked the “Request” button, you will be asked to “Select Home Institution” from a drop down list: be sure to choose Bryn Mawr.
- Your “barcode” is the number below the actual barcode in the lower-right hand corner of your OneCard. Your barcode begins with 2179600; be sure to enter all 14 digits.
- Do not use the number immediately below your picture; this is your college ID number.
Eventually, we expect that only one hit for each item will appear regardless of how many libraries own it, and that you will be able to use your Bryn Mawr username and password to log into the system. We appreciate your patience while these enhancements are developed, and apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.